Tuesday, September 23, 2008

F.O.C

I was reminded recently that I have not updated my blog. Well, it’s not that I’ve forgotten but you know; teachers are busy bees and more so at this time of the year. Some people may find it hard to believe and I’ve even been told many times before by those not in the profession that teachers are so lucky as they work only half-day and they have so many holidays. All I can say about these people is that they’re only human and which human doesn’t see the lawn in the neighbour’s yard as being greener! Anyway, I’m finally able to spare some time this week.

If you remember, I’ve already checked into my living quarters and after unpacking, I went to town to get some supplies and necessities especially a basin for storing water. There was no supermarket in Serian in those days so I went to a sundry shop to buy my stuff. Since there was no possibility of me cooking during school days, I bought two weeks supply of instant mee and the forever popular cream crackers plus a tin of milk powder. I intended to alternate between the instant mee and biscuits for my lunch and dinner; since taking a balance meal wasn’t an option.

One good thing about a small town then was that people were willing to deliver your purchases and at no extra charge. I just can’t imagine having to carry all my purchases back and on foot! The shopkeeper was definitely very kind to provide free delivery service. But times have changed and if you’re looking for anything f.o.c. (free of charge) these days, I’ll say it’s like looking for the Lochness monster!

People are getting more materialistic these days and everything is money now. The more they have the more they want and I’ve also been told before that no one ever complain of having too much money. Have you???



1 comment:

suprising said...

i do agree that no people will complain that they have too much money... even my MUET writing are asking us to view your opinion about people getting more materialistic..